A special thanks to Dr. Charles French for nominating me for the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers Award! I am honored to be given this nomination by a blogger who knows the true magic and wisdom of writing. Dr. French’s blog shares in depth understanding of the power of words as well as a fresh take on classic horror films and how they echo age-old themes and struggles we see in all of our stories. Visit his blog here: https://charlesfrenchonwordsreadingandwriting.wordpress.com/ Thanks again for your generosity in nominating my blog.
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
Display the award on your blog.
Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
Create ten questions for your nominees, and notify them of their nominations.
DR. FRENCH’S QUESTIONS AND MY ANSWERS
1. What is your favorite book and why?
There are so many great books to choose from that it makes it difficult for me to choose just one. For today, I’d have to say it’s Mandela’s Way: Lessons on Life, Love, and Courage by Richard Stengel, Foreword by Nelson Mandel. This is a wonderful book that has the potential to change anyone’s life for the better through its insight and perspective. It’s a must read.
2. Do you prefer ebooks or physical books?
Non-fiction books are best in physical form because I’m constantly highlighting, underlining and writing notes in the margins. I like to make sure I can capture all the gems I find. ebooks are great for travel. Pack one reader and your good to go. Both are a delight.
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Sharing inspiration. It’s everywhere. There are so many wonderful things that stimulate my creative juices. Blogging is a way to move energy that can lift readers’ hearts and minds. My morning posts, I call them Ch’i Essentials, are a way to start the day off with a positive thought.
4. What is your favorite season of the year?
Fall is a delight. The colors, smells, a crisp breeze and a fire at night, and I’m a happy camper.
5. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween without a doubt. It’s a celebration for young and old, filled with tasty treats.
6. Do you have a favorite quotation about writing or life?
“The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.” – Frank Zappa
7. Do you like have pets? If so, what kind?
I love animals. My wife and I will always have a dog and cats. They are members of our family, along with two children and their wonderful spouses, and the blessing of seven amazing grandchildren.
8. What is the last book you read?
Make Me by Lee Child. Once again we get to cheer for Jack Reacher as he rights the wrongs.
9. What are your writing or artistic goals?
My goals are always to make the next project better than the last, to continue to push the envelope of my creative expression.
10. What is a perfect day for you?
My perfect day is any day when I’m in a state of flow. Whether it’s in the recording studio, writing, taking a walk with my wife, or playing with a grandchild, when my heart is open, then everything is perfect.
There are so many great ones, I thought I’d nominate a baker’s dozen.
- Janice Gable Bashman – http://www.janicegablebashman.com/blog/
For YA & Adult magic, Janice is the one to read. Her generosity lifts all writers.
- The Author’s Chronicles – https://authorchronicles.wordpress.com/
This is a great blog with 5 authors contributing. They met in NYT best-seller Jonathan Maberry’s Advanced Writing Workshop, where I had the privilege of meeting them. Check out their “Top Picks Thursdays” for current publishing industry news and tips.
- Donna Galanti – http://www.donnagalanti.com/blog/
Donna is a great YA author who gives back to the community. Check out her new book.
- Cicada Fibers – https://cicadafibers.wordpress.com/
Cicada Fibers combines the gift of poetry and insight.
- The Wannabe Saint – http://thewannabesaint.com/
The Wannabe Saint shares their views from a spiritual path.
- Effortless Mindfulness – https://effortlessmindfulness.wordpress.com/
Lisa Dale Miller, author, lifts the journey for all of us. Check out her new book.
- Evening Light – http://chaosanddamage.com/
Evening Light reflects on the questions that arise when facing challenges. Powerful and insightful.
- Two Cents For You – https://twocentsforyou.wordpress.com/
Short and to the point. It’s time they won an award.
- Enlightenment Angels – http://enlightenmentangels.com/
Enlightenment Angels, the name says it all.
- Thoughts of SheryL – https://thoughtsofsheryl.wordpress.com/
The power of love and food. Need I say more?
- Scale Simple – https://scalesimple.wordpress.com/
Upbeat and unique. Well worth the read.
- Glitchy Artist – http://markovich.tv/
Alex creates magic with his camera.
- Falling Apples – https://martinappletree.wordpress.com/
Martin, author and novelist, shares his poetic insight.
Congratulations to all the wonderful nominees! Please visit there terrific blogs.
They offer so many great posts, sharing insights, discoveries, and art.
- What one piece of advice would you offer a newborn?
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you like to meet and why?
- What has life taught you this week?
- Why do you write?
- Do you have a place where you go that empowers or nurtures you?
- What excites you to get out of bed in the morning?
- If you had 30 seconds and the whole world was listening, what do you want to say?
- Where do you find magic in your life?
- Will you please share a little about your writing career?
- How can we improve the planet using social media?